The One with Will and Joe from St James Studio
Interviewing William St James and Joe Hayes from St James Studio
Meeting Will and Joe from St James Studio is what I imagine sitting on top of a firework feels like – they are FULL of energy, ideas and passion for their business. They are lively and passionate about creating value for their clients and like to remain human when dealing with their clients. Each with their own skill set – they really are opposites, they blend together to create a really positive forward thinking agency.
Will – “In the words of High School Musical, we’re all in this together…”
Joe – I thought you were going to say ‘ We’re Breaking Free?’ #Brexit
This episode of The SalesChange Podcast covers –
- Who are St James Studio?
- Why Will started St James Studio in the first place and how the two met!
- How they are looking to build and where they want to go in the future
- What they want from their staff in the future and how they will select them.
- How they are looking to cope with the Coronavirus and what other struggles are coming along the track.
- What does boss/leader mean to them?
- How they felt working under the ‘wrong’ boss
- Answers to the ‘SalesChange 5’ questions.
On every SalesChange Podcast – we ask the guests to answer 5 standard questions – here are the mental responses from Will and Joe –
- What was the last book you read?
- Who is the leader you look up to the most?
Will – Just for his steady optimism and rational thinking, I’d have to say Joe.
Joe – I’d have to say a couple – firstly my Nonno (Italian for Grandfather) for how he ran his business, leading, general mindset and holding traditional values but also Anthony Robbins, everything he does is incredible. I could also say Richard Branson too.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
Will – I think I have always had that thing where I ran my own business alongside the usual fireman, policeman, racing driver and astronaut.
Joe – For me, I always wanted to run my own business which is why I studied accountancy so that I could learn about the foundations of a business and be involved in all areas of the business.
- Whats the worst job you could imagine doing? –
Joe – I’ll go first, just for the fact that they don’t have eyelids and they just stare – I’d hate to work anywhere around birds.
Will – I’d have to say something similar actually – anything involving wasps. I’m pretty happy with bees but not wasps!
- Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn?
Joe – LinkedIn for me now, I never actually used it so it didnt change the preferences but now I use it quite a lot.
Will – Can we not say rogue? I’d have to say Tik Tok.