The One with Joseph Valente
Interviewing BBC Apprentice Winner 2015, Former CEO of ImpraGas
and now CEO of Trade Mastermind, Joseph Valente
Joseph Valente – the only Apprentice winner to have bought back the shares in his business from Sir Alan Sugar is the guest on this episode of the SalesChange podcast. We talk about loads of stuff on this episode – he shares how he managed to turn his life around after being expelled at the age of 15 and embarked on a journey that took him from the plumbing apprentice to the ultimate apprentice when he successfully won the biggest business contest on the TV in 2015.
He continued to grow his business, Impragas before selling it in late 2019 – he has now moved into the personal development arena with his new business – Trade Mastermind – where he is looking to level up other business leaders to achieve success and earn more money.
“I would like to say that I 100% bash it (that negativity) down, I’d say 98% I don’t give a f*ck, so that kind of helps but the 2%, it does get to me a little bit sometimes but you’ve just got to block it out. The thing is you’re not going to change the world without getting criticism and you can’t go onto a show, putting yourself on the front line or in the limelight and expect people to not love you and hate you.
This episode of The SalesChange Podcast covers –
- How Joseph is dealing with the COVID-19 and how he’s pivoting his business with the current situation.
- How Joseph’s upbringing influenced his career drive.
- Why he started Impragas.
- A sneak peek behind the Apprentice selection process.
- How Joseph deals with negativity in the press and in the corporate world.
- The boardroom politics in running a multi-million pound business and how he selected his own board once he bought Sir Alan Sugars’ shares back.
- His 3 biggest regrets in business.
- Answers to the ‘SalesChange 5’ questions.
On every SalesChange Podcast – we ask the guests to answer 5 standard questions – here are the responses from Joseph Valente.
- What was the last book you read?
Joseph – Expert Secrets by Russell Brunson (Free Download)
- Who is the leader you look up to the most?
Joseph – People aren’t going to like me for this one necessarily but I do like Trump a lot – post presidential. I admire his book, the Art of the Deal and I like his presence, his power and his confidence. You have to also admire his journey – he said he was going to be president and he’s gone and done it.
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
Joseph – Rich.
- Whats the worst job you could imagine doing?
Joseph – Well, when I was 15 I was scraping poo off the back of toilets because the boss didnt want to do it. If I’ve done that, I could pretty much do anything.
- Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn?
Joseph – I recommend most finding the platform that suits your business model.